A Little About JT
Growing up with music as a strong influence throughout his life, JT has been performing since he was about eight years old. He took guitar lessons early in life but found it to be quite the challenge so he switched over to drums and excelled at it. Family functions were looked forward to, as he was able to jam with his Grandpa who played the harmonica, spoons and knives. His dad played the electric guitar, his uncle played the accordion and his cousin played the piano and the trumpet. Although he still plays drums, JT returned to playing the guitar as he started serious songwriting.
With a passion for poetry, JT enrolled in writing classes to learn how to put his words with music and has been song writing ever since. JT is now a member of the Nashville Songwriter Association International (NSAI).
One of the songs JT wrote (A Dollar Short And A Dream Too Late) was produced in Nashville by Jim Allison, who has produced award winning songs for the likes of LeAnne Rimes, Del Reeves, Billy Ray Cyrus, Reba McIntyre and many others.
The multi talented John Thiel of Calgary, Alberta (Lead guitar/backup vocalist for Huron Carol, Say Hay and several high profile artist’s such as, Chris Cummings & Gil Grand, produced several other songs written by JT in Calgary, Alberta. These songs include “This Is Your Day”, “Will You Stay Young”, “Thanks Mom For Being My Dad”, "Time For Something New", "Daddy’s Little Girl” and ”I Am Canadian”.
Over the past several years JT had an opportunity to write and perfect his craft with CCMA award winning songwriter Thomas Wade (Thomas Wade and Wayward), musician John Thiel as well as performing at venues and Festivals all over SW Ontario with a high energy country band (Cadillac Cowboyz) formed with a couple original members of the Canadian classic rock group HELIX.
He's had much success over the last few years that he has been pursuing his lifelong dream of being a recording artist. Winning several awards for his vocal ability and showmanship throughout the mid-western U.S. and Canada,
- Winning the “ 2002 Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame National Singing Competition” in Calgary, Alberta. The prize of a five song recording session in Nashville Tennessee was bestowed upon him.
- Interviewed about his music and career aspirations as well as filmed music video style all over Calgary for a new daytime CBC Television program called "Living Calgary" in the early spring of 2007. This program shares what is great about Calgary. This was the original pilot for this program which continues to be aired across Canada.
- JT Moore & CowTown took second place at the 2007 Country105, Lamles, Ranchmans Rising Star Competition.
- JT's original song "I Am Canadian" was picked up for use at the 2007 Pinnacle Awards Gala. This song was used during a video presentation of award nominee's and is being considered for long term use of that song for this event.
- JT Moore & CowTown Performed on the main stage at the 2007 Lilac Festival in Calgary.
- Opened for Canadian Country Music Legend Tom Jackson at the "2007 Pet's Do Matter" event for the Cochrane Humane Society. ..
JT was chosen over 4,500 competitors as a regional finalist for NBC televisions Nashville Star. JT is now a current a member of the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) and the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI).
Full Album Release - What I Live For
ACMA Nominated Male Artist of the Year
ACMA Nominated Fan's Choice of the Year
Through mistakes he's made, lesson's learned, true friends he's made, the country song that is his life, the struggles he's endured and always bouncing back from having to do things "the hard way" all his life. He's found a way of staying positive in his pursuit of the dream he is sure to attain.
His statement: "I will always stay true to myself, my family, friends and fans. I do not write about anything I haven't lived or truly believe in". "I think my fans want and respect honesty and so, when I write and sing about my life, I will hold no punches and tell you how I really feel".
With the support of fellow CCMA award winning recording artists and songwriters Troy Kokol, Thomas Wade, Duane Steele, Gord Bamford, The Road Hammers, JO HIKK, his band CowTown and help from ARIA and CCMA award winning producers John Thiel and Bart McKay, it’s only a matter of time before everyone knows or wants to know who JT Moore is.
Hey I have another hit record...ed haha...
You are visitor number: 6668